The Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC®) is the most active and prestigious certification organization supporting the practice of case management and currently certifies more than 46,000 professional case managers and nearly 2,500 disability management specialists. The Commission is a nonprofit, volunteer organization that oversees the process of case manager certification with its CCM® credential. The Commission also oversees the process of disability management specialist certification with its CDMS® credential.
Did You Know…
- Board-certified case managers live and work in all 50 states, U.S. territories and abroad
- Over 65,000 case managers have earned the CCM since 1992
- The percentage of employers who require board-certification is growing, 50% in 2017 vs. 40.2% in 2014
- More employers offer additional compensation for board-certification, 62% in 2017 vs. 30% in 2014
Vision, Mission, Values
The Vision of CCMC is to be the global leader committed to the advancement and evolution of case management.
The Mission of CCMC is to advocate for professional case management excellence through certification and interrelated programs and services.
Through the development and management of a comprehensive professional certification for qualified case managers, CCMC will promote, advance and advocate for:
- Consumer protection
- Quality case management practice
- Ethical standards and behavior
- Scientific knowledge development and dissemination
The Commission is inviting all membership, education and certification organizations supporting case management practice to collaborate in this movement to nurture and grow a reliable, well-prepared professional case management workforce. CCMC's New World Symposium 2020 is part of the Commission's CM Learning Network®.